Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Beckett and Bushmiller


[“Oh this is a happy day!”]

George Bodmer, who draws Oscar’s Day, asked if I knew anything about this: The Beckett/Bushmiller Letters. Now I do.

Thanks, George.

Related reading
All Nancy posts (Pinboard)

comments: 4

Adair said...

Amazing. I didn't know about this connection. And the Buster Keaton link between the two! Wow. You learn something everyday.

Michael Leddy said...

Oh oh: it’s a spoof. I couldn’t bring myself to make that known here.

Adair said...

I'm an idiot. Egg on my face, ha-ha. Have a good laugh on me.
I WANT to believe such links between "high" and "low" culture. It is utterly plausible.

Michael Leddy said...

Yes, it is plausible. I think first of John Ashbery, who has a sestina with characters from Popeye and a longer poem with Daffy Duck.