Thursday, July 19, 2012

The kids are all right


Rachel Leddy and Ben Leddy put together Adele’s “Someone Like You” and Gotye’s “Somebody That I Used to Know”: “Someone Like Somebody That I Used To Know.”

comments: 5

Geo-B said...

This is just lovely. I don't know how they think of doing two songs together. Thanks to all. I really enjoyed it.

Jazzbumpa said...

Wow. That was really nice.

You can do two songs together if the harmonic progressions are compatible.

And it's no oddity. Lots of songs fall into common harmonic patterns.

Makes for an interesting counterpoint in this case.

Cool regards!
JzB

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks, gentlemen.

Michael Leddy said...

I should add for anyone who doesn’t know these songs: they don’t share a pattern of chord changes. That’s where the Leddy creativity came in.

Michael Leddy said...

I should’ve said the Fine and Leddy creativity, as their mom and dad both have something to do with it.