Friday, February 25, 2011

We Are Wisconsin



We Are Wisconsin, by Finn Ryan and David Nevala. I think we are all Wisconsinites now.

[The Firefox extension Flashblock will prevent this film from playing. Add player.vimeo.com and vimeo.com to your whitelist.]

comments: 4

Elaine Fine said...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iAIM02kv0g>Thanks Michael</a>.

Michael Leddy said...

Oops -- here it is.

stefan said...

Thanks for this post, Michael, and for your previous ones. I just returned from the Capitol, and despite temperatures in the 20s and a light but steady snowfall, the place was alive and buzzing with democracy and creativity. The chants ("What's disgusting? Union Busting!") and the signs (the Golden Retrievers wearing "Animals for the Ethical Treatment of People" tee shirts made me smile, and for some reason, the Woody Guthrie inspired "This Sign Kills Fascists" made me want to cry) were wonderful. Mr. Ryan's and Mr. Nevala's beautiful film is appropriately grim, but readers might like to know that there is a great deal of humor and joy and hope downtown too. My favorite sign? "Wisconsin: we put the classy in class warfare!" Thanks for your support, Michael. And thanks, Illinois. As my home state, I'm proud of you and grateful for the many Illinois protesters I saw today.. And I'm very proud of my adopted state as well. "This Is What Democracy Looks Like!"

Michael Leddy said...

Stefan, people here are gathering and marching in support on Wednesday.