Thursday, January 24, 2008

"It's time to turn the page."



This 1940 slogan seems oddly relevant now.

comments: 2

Eustace Bright said...

At first, I thought this post was another simple sigh of relief that Bush is outgoing. But after reading your more recent post about the dual presidency, I wondered if this were really an argument against the candidacy of Ms. Clinton. Hmmm....

Michael Leddy said...

Yes indeed. I'm very much opposed to the idea of a co-presidency, a restoration, whatever it might be called. "It's time to turn the page": words from a South Carolina Obama radio commercial. (I'll add that I voted for B. Clinton twice.)

I feel odd, I admit, making political observations in recent posts, but in all my years as a voter, I've never seen a political candidate who gives me as much hope as Barack Obama.