Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Beard-trimming recommendation

See that guy in the sidebar to the right? See his beard, so manly yet so kempt? Behind that beard is a trimmer: the Wahl 9906-717 Groomsman. The 9906-717 works reliably and is surprisingly inexpensive ($14.99 at Amazon). And it has one great advantage over pricier, snazzier trimmers: it runs on AA batteries. In my experience, rechargeable trimmers quickly lose their ability to hold a charge.

I’ve been using a 9906-717 for at least a couple of years, changing the batteries once or twice at the most. My only connection to Wahl is that of a happy customer.

Related posts
Aqua Velva
Hair

comments: 4

Gunther said...

Thank you very much for that recommendation! After being disappointed with two trimmers I wasn't very keen on trying a third one but the Wahl was a good choice. – I have bought it at Amazon.co.uk since it isn't officially available in Germany; fortunately the shipping was reasonable.

Michael Leddy said...

You’re welcome, Gunther! I bought one of these for my son too.

One suggestion — keep the trimming attachment separate when you’re not using the trimmer. If you drop the trimmer with the attachment on, one of the “teeth” will likely break off.

Gunther said...

Thank you for that suggestion, Michael!

Michael Leddy said...

You’re welcome, Gunther!