Monday, January 21, 2008

Misheard

Our debate watching was interrupted by a phone call for Elaine (an interview for a composers' website). As she wended her way back to the living room, I gave her a report on Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton:

"He's doing really well, but she's really taken the gloves off."

"Her clothes?"

"Her gloves."
The Clintons' cynical, contemptuous treatment of Obama worsens. Hillary Clinton may get the nomination, but there are already many Democrats who will not vote for her in the general election. (I'm one of them.)

Related reading
Obama v Clinton/Clinton (ABC News)

Related posts
Misheard ("The Tao is up")
Misheard ("that buttered crap")

comments: 5

jw said...

Seconded.

Every time she trots out something like "working for a slumlord" I start grinding my teeth and wishing I could fast forward to one of the other candidates.

Here's to Obama-Edwards.

Jason said...

MIchael,
As I watched footage from the debate this morning, that was exactly what I thought to myself. If she wins the nomination, I can't vote for her.

Eustace Bright said...

If you don't mind answering, who would you vote for if Hilary were the Democratic candidate? Or would you abstain?

Michael Leddy said...

Eustace, I'm not sure. I think I would vote for McCain if he's the Republican nominee. I'd rather vote for someone with genuine integrity, even if his positions are markedly different from mine.

Michael Leddy said...

So much for that last comment!