Tuesday, April 30, 2024

TypeIt4Me

I just began using TypeIt4Me, “the original text expander for Mac,” and recommend it with enthusiasm. Though I’m not especially tech-oriented, I've been making shortcuts since the days of the Apple //c and MacroWorks. On Macs, I used TextExpander for many years, until costly updates and a subscription model prompted me to switch to aText. Alas, the interface of the newer aText for Sonoma didn’t appeal to me at all, so I went looking for an alternative.

Typeit4Me is fast, good-looking, and intuitive. It’s plainly great. The app’s testimonial page has words of praise from all sorts of Mac users, including Steve Wozniak. The app is free to try, $19.99 to buy (no subscription). My only connection is that of a happy user.

One example of what TypeIt4Me does for me: if I type a comma followed by newsday, I get

Today’s Newsday  Saturday Stumper, by

Some clue-and-answer pairs of note:

My favorite in this puzzle:

No spoilers; the answers are in the comments.

comments: 0