Thursday, December 14, 2023

Exceedingly strange

The Strangest Toy on Wish Lists This Year“” (The New York Times, gift link).

comments: 6

Chris said...

To me it looks too much like a female version of Gizmo from Gremlins. I wouldn't trust the thing.

Michael Leddy said...

I haven’t seen Gremlins, but I’d be wary of any toy with what the article says is “a freshly baked aroma.”

Chris said...

Gremlins is worth seeing (once, at least), if only for the punchline about Santa Claus.

When I was little I had a Creepy Crawlers set, and later, I think, Incredible Edibles. Make your own Gummi worms!

Michael Leddy said...

I remember those things, and (from somewhere) the Easy-Bake oven. I favored the gadget for molding little boats and such from plastic (non-edible toys).

Anonymous said...

the vac-u-form

Michael Leddy said...

That’s it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vac-U-Form

Thanks.