Thursday, May 24, 2018

Mac, asleep

If you are sitting in front of a device at night, the free app f.lux (pronounced “flux”) can be very helpful. The app changes the color of the screen display, “warm at night and like sunlight during the day.” Correlation is not causation, but after using this app for a month or so, I’m realizing that I find it easier to fall asleep and stay asleep. I don’t think I’ll ever get used to the orange glow, but I don’t mind it anymore. f.lux is available for macOS, iOS, Windows, Linux, and some Android devices.

Thank you, Rachel, for recommending this app.

comments: 2

Frex said...

I installed this when you told me about it a couple weeks ago.
I always sleep well (lucky!) anyway, but I like f.lux because the screen's not so glaringly bright (even tho it makes photos look weird).
Thanks! Fresca

Michael Leddy said...

Real weird. The nice thing is that if you take a screenshot, it comes out looking ordinary.