Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Sardines and peppercorns

I quote: “New from King Oscar! Finest quality brisling sardines in extra virgin olive oil with a spicy, aromatic blend of black, white, green, and red whole and cracked peppercorns. A delight to the senses as soon as you open the can.”

They’re not kidding. These sardines are extraordinarily peppery. Their fragrance does indeed precede them, and the burn lingers in the mouth. Highly recommended.

Related reading
All OCA sardine posts (Pinboard)

comments: 9

misterbagman said...

There's something charming about the copy: "A delight to the senses!" It smacks of the advertising language of a century ago.

I wish I enjoyed sardines more.

Chris said...

I do relish this kind of humor, though.

Michael Leddy said...

Mr. B, yes, that’s pretty dowdy language.

Chris, I know you meant this comment for the dogs. There’s also ketchup there now.

Berit said...

Sounds fantastic! I'll add them to my shopping wishlist.

Michael Leddy said...

Berit, if you can’t find them, e-mail me, and I’ll send you a can.

The Crow said...

I picked up some Crown Prince yesterday. I'll go back this weekend to look for the Oscars with peppercorns; sounds delicious.

Michael Leddy said...

Martha, I hope you find them. If not, see my previous comment. : )

Berit said...

What a handsome offer! I'm really touched; thank you.

I feel confident that a semi-local Fairway will have them in stock for me, so hopefully I won't need to take you up on your kind offer.

I do LOVE PEPPER and peppercorns, though--really a favorite no matter the occasion.

Michael Leddy said...

Fairway has filed for bankruptcy, and I know they’re supposed to remain open, but hurry! :)