Saturday, December 1, 2012

Mark Trail makeover


[Mark Trail, November 21, 2012. Click for a larger view.]


[Mark Trail, modified by me. Click for a larger view.]

It is a truth universally acknowledged (in the universe of Mark Trail, that is) that a single (or married) man in possession of facial hair must be a bad guy. Bad guys are marked, again and again, by cavemanly beards, curling mustaches, and sideburns that never left the 1970s. But look at the difference a makeover makes.

Related reading
All Mark Trail posts (Pinboard)

[I modified the original strip using the Mac app Seashore.]

comments: 4

Elaine said...

I agree--it's the same guy with a shave!
Since the DHubby has a moustache and beard, you might guess I don't equate those with Bad Guy/Cave Men. Or, at least, not often.

Elaine said...

This thing made me sign in (again) and then ate my comment...

Michael Leddy said...

I had better clarify: I made the second version.

Yes, I’ve removed anonymous comments, so you have to have an account of some sort to leave a comment. I’m also using comment moderation: comments don’t disappear; they’re saved for me to put on. You can see the message: “Comment moderation has been enabled. All comments must be approved by the blog author.” These are the best choices I can make to eliminate spam without turning on the CAPTCHAs.

Michael Leddy said...

I added a sentence and changed the signature circle to make it clearer who did what.