Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Real Housewives of NPR

Andy Cohen, executive producer of The Real Housewives, plugging a book this morning on National Public Radio’s Weekend Edition Sunday: “Some people say to me, ‘Oh my God, that’s your show ?’ And I say, ‘Look, don’t blame me. Either turn the channel, or get on board.’”

Duly noted.

Public radio ought not to serve as an organ of publicity for junk-pop-culture. NPR’s willingness to do so makes me less and less interested in kicking in to support NPR.

Related posts
NPR, sheesh
PBS wants me to flip my phone open

[Note: junk-pop-culture. Not all pop culture is junk, not by a long shot.]

comments: 2

Slywy said...

NPR has also been pushing out clickbait headlines on Facebook, which disturbs their current base. They're struggling to compete in the saturated media world and are forgetting that they offer something that the other outlets don't — which isn't clickbait.

Michael Leddy said...

Hard to think that such stuff will do much more than alienate those who appreciate what they already offer.