Wednesday, September 10, 2014

From a file folder: aglio e olio


[From The Village Voice. Date unknown.]

It’s a recipe from Vladimir Estragon himself.

Aglio e olio, most often with zucchini and minus anchovies, has been a staple in our household for years. Garlic, parsley, and red-pepper flakes are the original power trio.

From this same file folder
The Art Ensemble of Chicago in Boston
Coppola/“Godfather” sauce
Jim Doyle on education
A Meeting with Ludwig Wittgenstein
Tile-pilfering questionnaire

comments: 4

Marzek said...

Yes! My favorite comfort food. There's a dish from Apulia, I think, that's a skip away: orecchiette ('ear'-shaped pasta) with broccoli, garlic, & anchovies. I'l use penne because I usually have it on hand, or farfalle.
Tonight's dinner? Sorted.

Michael Leddy said...

I know that pasta!

Broccoli and anchovies I have to try, or broccoli rabe.

The Crow said...

I like quick pasta dishes. Anything I can throw together in the time it takes pasta to cook is okay with me.

What tickles me is the bit about "a rude red wine." Dinner conversation might go like this:

Cook: So, dear, what do you think of this sauce?

Dear: I think it's ... (interrupted)

Rude Red Wine: "You call this sauce? I've tasted dishwater with more flavor, more body! This slop is an insult to the name. Pphhhtt!"

(It's been a long day, my mind is given to abject silliness when I'm tired...what can I say? Duh.)

Michael Leddy said...

Ha!

I just had a glass with dinner. Not rude, but pretty impertinent. Right on the line.