[TextWrangler icon, left. Replacement, right.]
I am a happy user of the Mac text-editor TextWrangler. It’s my favorite writing app, and I like everything about it but its icon. For about five minutes last night, the most important thing for me to do was to find a replacement. And I did. Seth Lilly has created a beautiful one.
It’s easy to convert Seth’s .png file into an icon set with the free version of Img2icns. To replace TextWrangler’s icon:
1. Download Seth’s 512 x 512 .png image. Rename the file TextWranglerApplication.png.
2. Open Img2icns and create an .icns file from the .png file. (The app will show you how.) The new file will be named TextWranglerApplication.icns.
3. Go to the Applications folder and right-click on TextWrangler.
4. Choose Show Package Contents/Contents/Resources.
5. Find the file TextWranglerApplication.icns and rename it. For instance: TextWranglerApplication.old.icns.
6. Drag your new .icns file to Resources.
A better Notational Velocity icon
TextWrangler gutter removal
Saturday, October 20, 2012
By Michael Leddy at 9:34 AM