Wednesday, March 1, 2017

DropCopy for Mac and iOS

DropCopy and DropCopy Mobile allow for easy transfer of files and folders between Macs, iPads, and iPhones on the same network. I found my way to these apps after spending too much time trying to figure out why AirDrop worked with two Macs, with two phones, but not with my Mac and my phone. (And reading many accounts of the same problem.) And then I saw the bad news on the Apple website: “To send items to an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or to receive items from those devices, you need a 2012 or later Mac model with OS X Yosemite or later, excluding the Mac Pro (Mid 2012).”

The good news is that DropCopy is fast and uncomplicated. DropCopy for Mac: free (limited to three simultaneous users). DropCopy Pro for Mac: $4.99. DropCopy Lite for iOS: free. DropCopy for iOS: $4.99. I was happy to pay for the iOS version and support the developer, 10base-t interactive.

comments: 0