Friday, April 28, 2017

Library savings

Our public library has added a nice detail to the receipt that accompanies borrowed materials: “You just saved $47.00 by using your library. You have saved $47.00 since April 14, 2017.” Common practice maybe, but it’s new to me.

Related reading
All OCA library posts (Pinboard)

comments: 4

Frex said...

?
That's a new one on me.
What are they figuring your savings against? Buying the book, rather than borrowing it? Full price?

Michael Leddy said...

Yes, the list price of each book. I’m not sure it works with older books, as I’ve been borrowing only from the New Books.

Fresca said...

Ah. I wonder if they adjust it for older books:
"saved 1¢ used copy + $3.99 shipping from Amazon". :)

Michael Leddy said...

Ha! I’m going to have to borrow something older to find out.