Thursday, October 27, 2011

Write five sentences on the world

I’ve got the world on a string. Got the world in a jug, the stopper’s in my hand. I can show you the world, shining, shimmering, splendid. This is the world, which is fuller / and more difficult to learn than I have said. I’m thinkin’ ’bout a-this whole world.

Other “five sentences” posts
Bleak House : The cat : Clothes : The driver : My house : Life : Life on the moon : The past (1) : The past (2) : The rabbit : The ship : Smoking : The telephone

[Ever since I wrote a post on a few sentences from Charles Dickens’s Bleak House, Google searches for five sentences (that is, for ready-made homework) have been ending up at Orange Crate Art. Write five sentences on the world is the latest such search. With apologies to Harold Arlen and Ted Koehler (“I’ve Got the World on a String”), Lovie Austin and Alberta Hunter (“Down Hearted Blues”), Alan Menken and Tim Rice (“A Whole New World”), Margaret Atwood (“You Begin”), and Brian Wilson (“This Whole World”).]

comments: 0