Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hi and Lois caption challenge

[Hi and Lois modified, January 6, 2011.]

My wife Elaine suggested that I turn this Hi and Lois panel into a caption contest. So I have. Take your best shot in the comments. And please, keep things relatively clean. I know, I know: Ditto is dripping all over the floor. But still I ask: keep it clean. (My mom reads my blog.)

I’ll send a pair of Black Pearl erasers to the winning entry. Or entries, maybe. I’m making this up as I go.

Please post your captions by 12:00 p.m. Central Time / 6:00 p.m. GMT, January 8. (Central Time=GMT-6.)

January 8, 1:15 p.m.: The winners have been announced in the comments.

Related posts
Hi and Lois watch
Hi and Lois, corrected

comments: 9

James said...

British Petroleum is at the door.

Katie said...

I don't have a caption. I just really like how the shading consists of a few scraggly lines growing like mildew from the kitchen tiles and then a completely solid black box coming from seemingly nowhere. Their window emits this blackness? Super 7th Guest-esque. Also, who does this kid think he is talking to his mother that way? He's clearly drug addled as his pupils are no where to be found.


Honestly, I think this artist is constantly tripping on robitussin.

Pete said...

Finger-painting is so much fun, I thought ink would be, too.

(James preempted my first idea!)

Stefan said...

"Yet who would have thought the old man to have had so much blood in him?"

Elaine said...

"Mom, what does INDELIBLE mean?"

Sara said...

Mom, I got wall on me!

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks, everyone, for the captions. There are five first-place winners: James in the topical humor division, Pete in the multimedia division, Stefan in the Macbeth section of the Shakespeare division, Elaine in the vocabulary division, and Sara in the architecture division.

Katie, I wish you’d left a caption. I’d like to send you erasers anyway — for pointing out the missing eyes and for introducing the idea of Robitussin.

Send me your address (my e-mail is in the sidebar), and I’ll send you all your Black Pearl erasers. Give me a day or two to get them to the post office.

Elaine said...

This is like Oprah! Everybody gets erasers! Yay!
Thanks, M.Leddy!

Other Elaine

Michael Leddy said...

You’re welcome! Now I’m working on getting the cast of The Sound of Music to show up here.