Monday, May 11, 2009

Jinx (children's game)

An e-mail from my friend Stefan Hagemann got me looking up the rules of the jinx. They are complicated and hilarious. Look and see:

Jinx (children's game) (Wikipedia)

(Stefan, do I owe you a Coke?)

comments: 4

Geo-B said...

Wait, let me get this straight: if Carl Boening yells, "jinx!": then William Meehan owes him a coke (a really big coke)...

Michael Leddy said...

: )

Carl might prefer to issue a "firm punch in the arm," as the Wikipedia article describes it.

stefan said...

I'm tempted to repeat a slightly off color joke about the three words that might have saved John Belushi's life; instead I'll say only that I prefer Pepsi (it's been years since I've had either, but I'd be thrilled to share any soft drink with you, Michael!)and hope that readers of a certain age can supply their own punchline. And speaking of punchlines, I'd forgotten about the punch in the arm penalty. Ouch. Thanks for the playful post and the link . It's not the first time Wikipedia has helpfully filled the gaps in my childhood memories.

Michael Leddy said...

Waiter, a bottle of your finest soft drink for my friend here, right away.