Sunday, June 15, 2008

A simile on Father's Day

[D]ealing with growing children is like being in a batting cage with ball after ball being thrown at you. You hit the balls you can. Amazingly, the score gets kept for a very long time.

Allen Shawn, Wish I Could Be There: Notes from a Phobic Life (New York: Penguin, 2007), 197

Related posts
"[O]ur past inside us"
Reliving our learning

comments: 2

Anonymous said...

I must admit--when I saw this post, I thought that the title was "A SMILE on Father's Day." I had to re-read a few times before I clicked my brain into place.

Anyhow, I am smiling and feel very lucky to have such a wonderful father! Happy Father's Day, Dad! Hope there are many smiles :)

Love,
Rachel (daughter for LIFE)

Michael Leddy said...

Thank you, Rachel! Keep pitching and I'll keep swinging. : )

Love, Dad