Wednesday, August 12, 2015


[Art by James Leddy.]

My dad had one last surprise for us. When we put together two large feltboards with his artwork, we were puzzled by this item, made from a bread clip. We thought it might have been an brightly striped, abstract fish. It was only after we removed the clip from the feltboard that we figured it out.

comments: 4

The Crow said...

Didn't even know him, but I can feel the love he had for all of you. The world needs more men like James Leddy.

Michael Leddy said...

Elaine just said, “That’s very sweet. And she’s right.”

Fresca said...

Tag, you're it!

This reminds me of a tag I found after a dear friend died. Another friend encouraged me (rather oddly, I thought) to watch our for signs of this departed friend in the next few days.
Whatever.
The next day, walking around the lake I spotted a tag with the number 8, my dear friend had collected such things and I would have normally picked it up and saved it for her.

I didn't read anything supernatural into this (and don't even now that I hear about the X-Files all day from my soon to be former roomie)--just that ... hm... a reminder that we are woven into our world, even when we are not physically present.

Michael Leddy said...

Yes. I think the world is full of traces if we’re open to seeing them. I don’t think it’s supernatural either, but I’d be happy to be wrong.