Monday, June 8, 2015

Eberhard Faber IV

Sean at Contrapuntalism talks with Eberhard Faber IV. For me, the most exciting bit of news in their conversation is that the Mongol pencil was named for is said to have been named for John Eberhard’s favorite soup: purée Mongole.

Orange Crate Art is a Mongol-friendly zone.

*

June 15: As Faber made clear in a 1971 article for Fortune (“What Happened When I Gave Up the Good Life and Became President”), the story behind the Mongol name is apocryphal. I have revised accordingly. Thanks to Sean at Contrapuntalism for the reference.

comments: 4

The Crow said...

I looked up the recipe. Sounds good. I'm going to try it.

Michael Leddy said...

I meant to include a link to the Wikipedia page about the soup. Now corrected. I want to try it, sans cans. ;)

The Crow said...

I'll make it from scratch, too. We can compare notes. If mine turns out well, I think I'll call it Pencil Soup.

Michael Leddy said...

I sent you an e-mail with a couple of recipes. Let me know if you know of a better one.