Monday, April 2, 2012

No longer avoiding CAPTCHA

I’ve had to turn word-verification for comments again: too many spam comments, and just looking at them reminds me of vast stretches of the Internets I’d rather avoid.

If a CAPTCHA is difficult to work out, enlarging it with Command-+ or Control-+ can make it more readable. I think though that Blogger’s new CAPTCHAs have become more readable than they were at first. (Tell me if I’m right, or wrong.)

A related post
Avoiding CAPTCHA

comments: 2

The Arthurian said...

Hi, Michael. I much prefer the previous version of captcha. But it seems that if I just read the captcha words and go with my first impression of what the letters are, it almost always works.

I don't think they're more readable; I think you're getting used to them.

Michael Leddy said...

I like the old one too. You could be right about getting used to them. Others have said the same thing, so perhaps we’re all getting used to them (as to other Google/Blogger changes).