Monday, October 17, 2011

At Zuccotti Park (1)

Photograph of family at Zuccotti Park. The little girl’s sign reads “I go to time out for cheating. I am the 99%.”
[“I go to time out for cheating. I am the 99%.” Photograph by James Koper. Click for a larger view.]

Our friends Jim and Luanne Koper went to Zuccotti Park on Saturday and are sharing their photographs of the day. Here’s one (not of Jim and Luanne). Thanks, guys.

On a related note: Elaine and I just watched Inside Job (dir. Charles Ferguson, 2010). Want to get angry, or angrier? Watch it. Most revealing to me were the interviews with three academics: John Campbell, R. Glenn Hubbard, Frederic Mishkin. Talk about arrogant.

comments: 2

Daughter Number Three said...

I just watched it on Friday night as well. The academics did come off particularly badly, probably because I was expecting the typical documentary use of academics as unbiased commentators. It was clever how the filmmakers exploited that assumption.

Michael Leddy said...

Yes — it was clear that the interviewees didn’t expect such pointed questions.