Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sentence for orange

A search for a single sentence: give me sentence for the word orange. Seeing as you asked politely:

Orange was the color of her dress, then blue silk.
If you want to hear the Charles Mingus composition whose title is that sentence, here’s one version.

[Context: ever since I posted a commentary on five sentences from Charles Dickens’s Bleak House, Internauts searching for sentences (that is, their homework) have been ending up at Orange Crate Art. Give me sentence for the word orange is the latest such search.]

Other sentence posts
Bleak House : The cat : Clothes : The driver : Life : Life on the moon : The past (1) : The past (2) : The ship : Smoking : The telephone

Other Mingus posts
Charles Mingus at Cornell
Charles Mingus defies bomb threat
I dream of Mingus

comments: 5

jw said...

I have to admit to a secret fantasy (a very small fantasy: do not be alarmed) of googling for a "five sentences about" and hoping it makes the blog. Of course, it would have to be something especially specific or, more entertainingly, off the wall: "five sentences about the use nautical instrumentation in the age of exploration lowering prices in commodity items and thus encouraging economic growth for Cornwall" or "Five sentences about mid-to-late 20th century male entertainers with three names one of which must be Van: Van Dyke Parks, Dick Van Dyke, and Townes Van Zandt."

If you see those in your google searches, you can know they're coming from a fan.

Michael Leddy said...

I’ll be watching. :)

Anonymous said...

Eddie Van Halen

Other Elaine said...

Orange you going to ask how I am after my shock-wave lithotripsy?

Michael Leddy said...

Anon., I wish I knew what you mean.

Elaine, I just looked lithotripsy. How are you doing?