Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The government-issue pen

“It’s the Coca-Cola of ink pens,” said Richard Oliver, operations manager at Industries of the Blind in North Carolina. “Everybody recognizes this pen.”
From a Washington Post article on the lowly, mighty government-issue pen. Bonus: specifications.

Update: There’s a great source online.

comments: 5

Matt Thomas said...

Where can I buy one?

Michael Leddy said...

I’m going to try to find out.

Michael Leddy said...

They’re here, but you have to buy a dozen dozens (about $48). No thanks.

Michael Leddy said...

They’re here too, in any quantity: under 50¢ each.

Matt Thomas said...

Thanks, Michael. This was the best thing I found, but again, I apparently would have to buy a lifetime supply to avoid excessive shipping costs. No thanks. I'll try the site you suggested and report back.