Thursday, November 12, 2009

Verizon’s $1.99 typos

Press the wrong key on your phone? That’ll be $1.99. David Pogue explains:

Verizon: How Much Do You Charge Now? (New York Times)

I’m really disliking Verizon right now.

[A simple way to fight back, as I discovered in the comments on Pogue’s column: go into your phone’s settings and change the behavior of the cursor keys, or whatever keys ring up at $1.99.]

comments: 4

Rachel said...

Wow...I had no idea it charged like that! What a rip-off...

Michael Leddy said...

Pretty shameless. David Pogue has done a big service in calling attention to this practice.

normann said...

For your and your readers' amusement, incontrovertible evidence of innumeracy at Verizon:
http://verizonfails.ytmnd.com/

Michael Leddy said...

Normann, thank you for this link. I’m going to be reading my monthly bill much more carefully from now on.