Tuesday, November 13, 2007

To-Do List

Sasha Cagen's anthology To-Do List: From Buying Milk to Finding a Soul Mate, What Our Lists Reveal About Us has just been published. My daughter Rachel has a contribution: a list of supplies for an imaginary camping trip that she drafted when she was six or seven. (She's now in college.)

I'm not sure what I think of the book yet. Some of the lists are touching; some funny; some mysterious. Some, for me, are a matter of Too Much Information, with too great an "ick" factor. Browse the book; see what you think.

Aside from Rachel's list, my favorite list in To-Do List is from Arlene Mandrell, New Year's resolutions from 1956, when she was sixteen. No. 9: "I will not fall into bed without brushing my hair & teeth, no matter what time it is."

Related post
Whose list?

comments: 2

Anonymous said...

Hey! That's me!

I believe there's a list of things not to forget to bring to college with me still sitting on my desk at home (home-home, home-base home, not apartment-at-school home).

My how things change. :)

Rachel

Michael Leddy said...

Hi kiddo! See you soon!