Sunday, April 1, 2007

Alabama changes the value of pi

Wikipedia has a fine list of April Fools' Day hoaxes:

April Fools' Day

comments: 4

Anonymous said...

Love the link!

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks, kiddo. : )

Anonymous said...

I was delighted to see the Sidd Finch story included in Wikipedia's round up of April Fool hoaxes. I remember reading Mr. Plimpton's article in Sports Illustrated as a high school senior, and boy, did I get got! I passed it around to all my friends and we marveled at the way a 168 mph fastball would change the game forever. Until someone finally said, hey...wait a minute. For anyone interested in baseball, it's a great read.

Michael Leddy said...

Plimpton's piece is online: The Curious Case of Sidd Finch. I was happy to see the reference to the Tibetan Buddhist lama Milarepa (I'm teaching The Life of Milarepa in the fall), though he's identified as "Milaraspa." Is that a baseball joke I'm missing?