Saturday, June 13, 2020

Using both hands

Donald Trump* is at West Point using both hands to drink water from a glass, one hand holding the glass, the other propping it up from the bottom. As a friend of mine would say, Not normal!

[I don’t mean to make light of disability. I do mean to call attention to yet another odd feature of Donald Trump*’s public presentation. We’ve also seen him use two hands when drinking from a water bottle. Something’s not right. Here’s a compilation of Trump* and water.]

comments: 6

The Crow said...


Suggests weakness in arm; stroke? Rotator cuff tear, or shoulder subluxation/dislocation. Too much golf? When the long-head-tendon in my left left arm ruptured several years ago, I had to use my right arm to support my left if I needed to lift anything heavier than an empty coffee mug.

Regardless of cause, your friend is right: not normal.

Michael Leddy said...

His deficits, whatever their cause(s), are unmistakable. Aaron Rupar posted a comparison: Trump* speaking in June 2015 and June 2020.

I’m going to add to my post: I don’t mean (as I know you know) to be making fun of anyone’s disability. But there’s something going on there that’s not right.

The Crow said...

Watched the videos and, yeah, something is wrong! Seems to be a disconnect between his brain's intention and his body's follow-through.

I didn't think you were belittling Trump; know you are better than that. I was postulating on what might be the cause, but I have no idea after watching the video clips.

Michael Leddy said...

Here’s a Twitter account that adds a lot, esp. about his posture and what it might mean.

The Crow said...

That's alarming!

I read Joseph's tweets down to 9 June: (Tom Joseph@TomJChicago)-
"What will it take for ppl around Trump to initiate his removal? His condition is dire as he deteriorates physically & mentally from dementia. He can’t function. His symptoms include not seeing how badly he’s losing it & attempting to force-feed his fantasy world to the public."

Paraphrased, the same thing can be said about the Republican party in its efforts to maintain what political power they have. They have the WH and the Senate and will sell out the American people to hold onto it.

Michael Leddy said...

Well said, Martha. I guess the only question is whether they will go down with the ship or try to get to a lifeboat.