Sunday, May 10, 2020

Hi and Lois watch


[Hi and Lois, May 10, 2020.]

If I’d bothered to read the comics first thing, this post would have appeared six hours ago or so. I am startled to see that Lois is selling real estate using her pre-marriage name.

Yes, she’s Beetle Bailey’s sister. Always has been. But she’s always been Lois Flagston too.

Related reading
All OCA Hi and Lois posts (Pinboard)

comments: 2

Fresca said...

WHAT? Worlds collide!
I had no idea Beetle Bailey was a real person, the sort who had a sister.

Are there other famous (non–superhero) cartoon characters who are related?
(I know there are lots of crossovers in the superhero world.)



Michael Leddy said...

The Flagstons began as characters in Beetle Bailey before getting their own strip. I don’t know of a similar situation, but my knowledge of most comics is pretty limited.