Sunday, March 22, 2020

More on getting books

From New York Review Books: how to buy books in isolation (and support your local indie bookstore).

From The Washington Post: tips on bookstores, library resources, e-books, audiobooks, and online events.

And from Archipelago Books: free e-books. (Robert Musil!)

And speaking of books, if anyone wants to write their own “By the Book,” I’d be happy to post a link. Only two takers so far, one an OCA reader, one a reader of that reader.

A related post
Support your local or not-so-local independent bookstore

comments: 3

Fresca said...

This makes me so happy! A local Mpls indie near me, Moonpalace Books, reports they have lots of online orders, which is cheering.

I'm going into the thrift store tomorrow to start listing books on eBay for the store.

(We have no way to sell online directly through the store---I can't set that up myself, and the bosses are not up to it, at this point. We'll see how long the store stays closes...
Anyway... it's something.)

Michael Leddy said...

Here in Illinois everything that’s not deemed essential (grocery, hardware, pharmacy, and so on) has been ordered to close.

Stay well out there, or in there (in the store).

Frex said...

Yes, the store is closed!
But Big Boss and a couple other people are going to do some work there,
so I can go in the back door and work alone at my desk--
or, possibly, pack books into my bike pannier to take home to list/mail...
NOT sure how it's going to work.

Thanks--you stay safe too!