Sunday, March 22, 2020

Live-streaming music

From NPR: a list of live-streaming performances to watch at home.

I’ll be tuning in today to the pianist Fred Hersch, who plans to perform every day at 1:00 Eastern, here.

[Tuning in? On a computer?]

comments: 4

Pete said...

Don’t touch that dial!

Michael Leddy said...

Right. By the way, I really liked that passage from E.M. Forster — apt any time but especially now. But I couldn’t see a way to leave a comment. Anyway, I hope you and yours are holding up and standing in the sun, as seen from a window or maybe a backyard.

misterbagman said...

Fred Hersch is simply sublime. I took my older son to see him at SF Jazz. He did a solo set to open, and then did a duet set with each of Julian Lage and Kate McGarry, then the three of them played together. This was truly a peak musical experience in my life. The cover of Billy Joel's "And So It Goes" Fred and Kate performed brought me to genuine tears.

Michael Leddy said...

It always amazes me how those moments in live performance are so clear, as if everyone in a room is feeling that something extraordinary is happening.

“It Might As Well Be Spring” moved me to tears yesterday, partly because of the playing, and partly because, in this strange and terrible time, I hadn’t realized that it’s now spring.