Wednesday, September 11, 2019

WTC 2008

I‘ve pretty much kept September 11, 2001 at a distance today. But tonight I’ve been thinking about a visit to the World Trade Center and St. Paul’s Chapel that Elaine and I and made with friends in 2008. I wrote about it in a post that I just reread. It was thinking about the letters and drawings and the banner that got me. No more distance.

comments: 2

The Crow said...

I have had moments of heart-felt wonderment at the serendipitous manner in which important videos show up on my YT channell, some of which I pass along, most I just save to view again...and again. What follows is the URL for one titled The Boatlift. Perhaps you have seen it; it was new to me this afternoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18lsxFcDrjo

Sorry I don't know how to embed it in comments.

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks, Martha. I had never seen this short film, and I knew the story in only the slightest way.

Watching made me think of the Fred Rogers suggestion in times of horror — look for the helpers.

By the way, there’s no way to embed videos or even pictures in Blogger comments.