Monday, September 16, 2019

Ticonderoga sighting


[Since You Went Away (dir. John Cromwell, 1944). Click for a larger view.]

No, Brig Hilton (Shirley Temple) is not gasping at the conductor’s Dixon Ticonderogas, even if they are sporting nifty clips. The conductor is played by Harry Hayden, who also turns up as the counterman in the opening scene of The Killers (dir. Robert Siodmak, 1946). I know that I’m supposed to be thinking about pencils, not diners. But the setting here is a railroad dining car. Speaking of which, the Railroad Dining Car Archives are a wonder to browse. Though they’re short on pencils.

Other Ticonderoga sightings
The Dick Van Dyke Show : Force of Evil : The House on 92nd Street : Lassie : Lassie, again : Perry Mason

comments: 2

Slywy said...

Remember this pencil clip?

http://www.slywy.com/pencil-puzzle/

I wonder if it ever found its way home. I doubt it.

Now I'm thinking I need pencil clips, even if I haven't earned an IBEW one.

Michael Leddy said...

Yes,I do. I wish my union had pencil clips. :)