Friday, July 19, 2019

43.5


[“Expiration Date High Score.” xkcd, July 19, 2019.]

If I had played this game last year, before we went through a kitchen cabinet and tossed the old spices, I think that 43.5 would have been my high score, courtesy of some long-forgotten curry powder that I bought in the early 1980s. Tuna salad with curry powder was a “thing” then.

comments: 4

The Crow said...

I remember putting curry powder in tuna salad...along with chopped apples and walnuts. Oh, yes, I did!

Once.

Michael Leddy said...

I didn’t know that they get added to both chicken salad and tuna salad. The extra that makes me balk: grapes.

Charles Céleste Hutchins said...

My high score is 106, dating from when I found a slice of my parent's wedding cake. The top layer was fruitcake, meant to be eaten on their first anniversary. I was a teenager looking for a safe space to store weed without it being discovered.

Michael Leddy said...

106! At the risk of stating the obvious, that takes the cake.