Friday, January 18, 2019

Pasta, sardines, and fennel


[“I’m thinkin’ ’bout a-this whole world.”]

The Crow, a sardine fan like me, sent me links for cooking videos focused on “the small oily fish.” Last night I tried this recipe, an impression of the Sicilian dish pasta con le sarde. Winner, winner, sardine dinner! Many flavors, many textures, all of them delightful. The only changes I would make: add some salt and pepper, and use two cans of sardines. One is not enough.

The video shows this dish coming together in about two minutes. It took me about an hour — a fair amount of assembly is required. A more organized cook would need less time. And would not forget the sardines until the last minute.

Thanks, Martha!

Related reading
All OCA sardine posts (Pinboard)

comments: 4

The Crow said...

Bon appetit! Thanks for the suggestions for improvement, too.

Michael Leddy said...

Mangia!

Elaine said...

I make a related dish with tuna, olives, and capers..... Hmm, maybe Saturday night? And if the DHubby is away, I could use sardines instead.....

Michael Leddy said...

I think pasta and tuna are a great combination. I use a recipe from an old PBS cooking show: garlic, red pepper flakes, parsley, lemon juice, and zest.