Monday, November 26, 2018

Scones

It’s a miserable day: 29°, feeling like 14°, and not a sun in the sky. So we made scones, following a Food Network recipe. So easy, especially when the legit baker in the house takes the lead.

I highly recommend scones, served with jam and Irish breakfast tea or with anything else. Three scones down, eight to go.

comments: 4

zzi said...

a picture of the scones . . .

Michael Leddy said...

Nothing much to see, really. They look just like the ones at the Food Network, a little less brown (though I suspect the FN photo is enhanced), and we used raisins instead of currants (couldn’t find currants, not even sure where in the store they’d be).

zzi said...

I have to try to make them again or go for the day olds at "Friar Tuck Shoppe"
https://bit.ly/2QwFBVP
By the way, the currants are in the tiny fruits aisle.

Michael Leddy said...

Ah, the tiny fruits aisle. :) I think in our supermarkets that might be a sub-aisle of the aisle with stuff for baking. The consensus in our house (two occupants and a guest) is that no fruit is needed. But I’m still going to try them if I can find them.