Sunday, March 5, 2017

Meet the Rubber Man


Meet the Rubber Man, British Pathé (1947).

This fellow would have been a wonderful subject for a Beatles or Kinks song.

Related reading
All OCA eraser posts (Pinboard)

comments: 5

Slywy said...

I thought this was going to be about someone with a flexible frame.

I admire a man who dresses for a job removing graffiti in a suit and hat.

The Crow said...

Trump is the Darkside version of the Rubber Man. Except, instead of erasing graffiti, Trump and his minions are manically determined to erase all traces of Obama's Presidency and the good he managed to bring about.

Enjoyed the film short about the original Rubber Man.

Michael Leddy said...

Trump taints everything, doesn’t he? I watched Hitchcock’s Saboteur yesterday and thought about Trump.

The Crow said...

I watched Dr. Strange last night, also thought of Trump...and Bannon. Ugh!

I wish I could draw. I have an idea for a political cartoon featuring Trump, Putin and Bannon.

But enough of that! Trying hard to put all of that out of my mind, but difficult to do. Reminds me of the terror and continually rising fear I felt while we waited out the arrival of Hurricane Betsy back in 1965. You just knew things were going to get a hell of a lot worse before clear skies returned.

Sorry, Michael; didn't mean to dump my anxiety on you earlier. I'm combatting it by listening to Santana albums on YouTube. Seems to be working a little.

Take care, friend.

Michael Leddy said...

Dumping allowed! (Especially after they get through with the EPA.) These are not normal times, and I think we’re all trying to figure out how to live in them. You take care too, Martha.