Friday, November 11, 2016

Bernie Sanders on the election

“I am saddened, but not surprised, by the outcome”: in The New York Times , Bernie Sanders writes about the election. His description of depopulated rural towns with empty storefronts and few prospects: that’s much of downstate Illinois, among many other places.

Sanders also contributed to the Times in June: “Democrats Need to Wake Up.”

comments: 3

Robert said...

I'd like to see Sanders stage a rally soon, with a large, peaceful turn-out. Now's the time we need his leadership.

Michael Leddy said...

I know he’s pushing hard for a new kind of leadership at the DNC.

Frex said...

I just linked to this letter too! One of my favorite things I've read-- so calm and sensible. The DNC got their wires got crossed. I've thought, for instance, that Trump supporters sound like Bruce Springsteen songs. Bruce is a Democrat, but I can see why others aren't.
--Fresca