Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Klinkenborg’s October

Verlyn Klinkenborg:


“October,” The Rural Life (Boston: Back Bay Books, 2002).

I’ve been waiting to post something from “October,” but the temperatures have been hanging in the low eighties and high seventies. No way. But it’s cooler today, and to quote Robert Creeley, in a poem he wrote with Ted Berrigan, “the air is getting / darker / and darker.”

This post is for Stefan Hagemann. He and I were talking about Verlyn Klinkenborg a couple of days ago, before it felt like October.

Related reading
All OCA Verlyn Klinkenborg posts (Pinboard)

comments: 2

stefan said...

Thanks, Michael. It is chilly and crisp today in Wisconsin and I have news to tell in my next letter of a Klinkenborg-inspired experiment. Now I'm excited to read The Rural Life to.

Michael Leddy said...

As Ben Leddy would say, “Go for it!”