Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Henry hat


[Henry , December 2, 2015.]

It’s been a long time since I last saw a pirate hat made of newspaper. Or, more lawfully, a sailor hat. I am happy to know that this hat is still a “thing.”

Related reading
All OCA Henry posts (Pinboard)

comments: 7

The Crow said...

We used to make two sailor hats out of paper: the admiral was like the one Henry's wearing; the gob or Dixie-cup had the tails of the admiral folded in. That was how we could tell who was boos for the day.

Michael Leddy said...

I’m guessing that boos is boss. Or is it yet another slang term I don’t know? :)

Martha, have you heard this episode of This American Life ? It takes the idea of playing sailor to a higher level.

The Crow said...

Lord, I abhor typos! ;)

That's what I get for trying to dash off a response to you before my boos caught me at it. (Intentional, this time.)

Thanks for the link. I'll listen when I get home this evening.

Michael Leddy said...

Don’t let the boos catch you typing. Wasn’t that a Gerry and the Pacemakers song?

The Crow said...

Ha! Close enough. :)

Elaine said...

Made many for my kids....but (alas) everyone grows out of [almost] everything....
Hope your T'giving was lovely.

Michael Leddy said...

It was, with the special bittersweetness of my dad’s absence and everyone else’s presence. And we had the sweetness of Hershey’s Dark, my dad’s favorite, a piece for everyone. I hope your Thanksgiving was good too.