Sunday, April 19, 2015

Plain old Moleskines

The New York Times has an article today about Moleskine SpA’s efforts to partner with purveryors of digital technology. A photograph shows Moleskine co-founder Maria Sebregondi with the slogan “my Analog Cloud” floating on a nearby wall.

What I found most interesting in the article though is this passage:

The number of Moleskine paper products, including variations on the notebooks, has ballooned to about 500. But the top sellers are still the blank black notebooks in the original pocket size and a larger version.
Related reading
All OCA Moleskine posts (Pinboard)
All OCA notebook posts (Pinboard)

comments: 4

stefan said...

I'm not sure it counts, but this post reminds me that I have a Moleskine sighting (or "sighting") to report: The title character in a Parquet Courts song evidently jots down her hypnosis poems and the details of her romantic life in one. I'd guess it's of the plain old variety.

Michael Leddy said...

Just found it with the Google: “Dear Ramona.” In an indie-band lyric, I think it’d be mortifying to have anything but basic black. :) Thanks, Stefan.

stefan said...

Thanks for tracking down the title, Michael. I swear that I wrote my comment three different ways, and all three ways included the song title. I even checked to make sure I had it right. So how did I end up posting a comment without the title? The world may never know.

Michael Leddy said...

I think it must be the aging process. Quick, pass the Oil of Olay.