Saturday, November 22, 2014

Ace Combs; or, Things Ain’t What They Used to Be


[Life, June 6, 1955.]

It’s sad to see a once-great brand sink into crappy cheapness. I know that Ace combs are no longer made of hard rubber. But I’d at least expect a plastic Ace to comb hair without raking and scraping the scalp. No such luck.

I bought an Ace yesterday and tossed it after one use. That’s how bad it was. If, however, tiny ridges and “burrs” are your thing, today’s Ace is what you’re looking for. Ouch.

I still own a hard-rubber Ace, many years old. That, friends, is a comb.

[No, you may not borrow my comb.]

comments: 3

Slywy said...

I like Swissco combs. Petunia likes the Furminator.

Pete said...

"Ace Combs" sounds like a ducktailed private eye.

Michael Leddy said...

The Swissco products look rather stylin’. And reasonable prices.

If no one has written an “Ace Combs” story yet, someone should.