Thursday, August 15, 2013

Cool, awesome, and so on

This is cool! This is cool! This is awesome! This is fantastic! Awesome! This is awesome! Gorgeous! Cool! This is great! Fantastic!

More depressing than getting these spam comments: being the one who sends them.

Cesar, Cheri, Imogen, Iona, Rachael, Ramon, Terrell, Thelma, Tilly, Tod: I hope you move on to better things, all of you. Especially you, Tilly. You’re better than this.

comments: 2

brownstudy said...

My favorite spam comments are of this ilk: "This is wonderful information, from where did you get it?"

"Howdy! I simply wish to give you a huge thumbs up for the excellent info you’ve got right here on this post. I’ll be returning to your web site for more soon."

"Hello to every body, it my first pay a visit of this weblog; this webpage BrownStudies : bks-bookshelves-crowded consists of amazing and truly fine stuff designed for visitors." (Somehow, they've commented on a jpg, and dozens more spammers are commenting on this same jpg -- weird.)

This is from today's spam harvest: "This web page can be a stroll-by for all the info you wanted about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse right here, and you’ll definitely uncover it."

I was going to do a blog post collecting some of these choicer items, but decided I didn't want to spend the time to do so.

Michael Leddy said...

I enjoyed them more when the “commenters” used improbable full names: Thaddeus G. Blankenship, for instance. He sounds like a W. C. Fields character.

I love stroll-by, whoever used it.