Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Hi and Lois watch


[Hi and Lois, October 16, 2012. Click for a larger view.]

Today’s Hi and Lois offers yet one more additional variation on a theme by Slylock Fox. Can you count the differences between the panels?

More disturbing than the panel-shifts though is the black slab on or outside the window. Monolith?

Related reading
All Hi and Lois posts (Pinboard)

comments: 9

Stefan said...

I spotted two changes right away: 1) Thirsty's tie changes color in the second frame, and 2) the paper sticks magically to the window in the first frame but is taped to the window in #2.

Michael Leddy said...

Check, and check. I see one more, but I might bring an accusation that I’m being picky.

Michael Leddy said...

Oops — now I see two more differences, three total.

Pete said...

The framing (or whatever that is) around the filing cabinet differs. But that doesn't bother me as much as Everyman Hi so casually using the word "nadir."

Michael Leddy said...

I too am hard put to say what that is.

The vocabulary makes the joke sound really forced, doesn’t it?

Elaine Fine said...

The blinds remain at the same height, but the pulls are not the same. Come to think of it, the blinds themselves look a bit different as well.

Michael Leddy said...

I was giving them a pass on the pulls, but I’m not sure there’s a good reason to do so. Still two more differences between the panels.

Pete said...

Sometimes I think there is a different illustrator for each two-panel strip, neither of which is allowed to see what the other is drawing. Back in my college days in C-U, I once made a similar observation about some free jazz I heard on WEFT - the musicians sounded like each had been sequestered in a separate studio, unable to hear the rest of the group.

Michael Leddy said...

I think I’d prefer that music to this strip. :)