Thursday, August 9, 2012

Welcome, millionth visitor


Scroll down any post or page on Orange Crate Art and you’ll see in the sidebar a silly slogan and an odometer. The odometer is of course a counter, from StatCounter, a service I highly recommend.

As you can see, Orange Crate Art just had its millionth visitor. Millionth feels odd, spoken or typed. In the Major Leagues of the Internets, a million visits is all in a few days’ work. Here in Double-A, it’s a big deal. I’ve been watching and waiting, having added a seventh digit to my counter earlier this week. Millionth is an approximation: I didn’t begin using a counter until Orange Crate Art was five months old. Some visits are not logged; others, logged, have been mine, from computers not my own. I think it all evens out.

The millionth visitor was a reader from Cincinnati, Ohio, who’s been here, I believe, on several occasions, this time to the most recent post, on J. D. Salinger and The Elements of Style.

Thanks, everyone, for reading.

comments: 9

brownstudy said...

And many mo-o-ore...

Congratulations!

Sean said...

Congrats, Michael! Couldn't have happened to a dowdier guy. ;)

Michael Leddy said...

Thank you, sirs. :)

Daughter Number Three said...

Wow, congratulations! I just checked mine and the number is about 125,000 in a little over 4.5 years.

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks, DN3. I just added another, having gone to your Clue post.

Adair said...

Congratulations, Michael! I enjoy this blog and have learned so much from it. I read you every day.

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks, Adair.

Gunther said...

Congratulations from me too – thank you for your effort with your great blog!

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks, Gunther.