Friday, January 20, 2012

Bands and punctuation

Some of what’s here is diacritics, not punctuation. But it would be pedantic to point that out: A Brief Guide to Band Name Punctuation.

[Don’t forget Tony! Toni! Toné!]

comments: 5

millie fink said...

Dear English Prof,

Is it pedantic to ask why you wrote pendantic instead of pedantic?

Michael Leddy said...

Typo, now corrected. Thank you!

millie fink said...

Typo? Ha--dignity maintained!

;-)

Michael Leddy said...

And I’m owning my mistake: there’s now a record of it here. As my great friend Aldo Carrasco wrote after misspelling a word when inscribing a book, “In true Eliot-like, ‘Four-Quartetish’ self-effacement, I doctor not my mistake; but, rather, share it.”

millie fink said...

Well put. Thanks for sharing! And for not doctoring (despite your Doctor status).