Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Mac Quick Look

If you use a Mac: do you know about Quick Look? It’s been a part of OS X since Leopard. Even better than Quick Look itself: in Lion, changing a setting lets you copy text from a Quick Look window. Yowza.

[A strangely delightful feature of using a Mac: stumbling upon a wonderful feature that you never knew was there. It happens with surprising frequency.]

comments: 4

Anonymous said...

Stumbling upon new, delightful feature is hardly unique to the Mac. You'll find gems in any operating system.

Quick Look is pretty fun.

Michael Leddy said...

No, not unique. But I have had many more of these moments with OS X than with WIndows 98, ME, and XP.

Slywy said...

I can't remember how I discovered it exactly, but I think it was when I tried to open a photo in the trash just to be sure it was a bad one. Now I used it all the time (snow leopard — don't think I'm ready for a swipe computer system).

Michael Leddy said...

I have Snow Leopard at work and Lion at home (after four years of Tiger). There doesn’t need to be much (or any) swiping with Lion, but the look and feel are more like the iPad (which I like).