Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hi and Lois watch

[Hi and Lois, December 31, 2011.]

Yes, Hi appears to be setting the alarm on the face side of the clock. But what really catches my eye (or head) here is at. Do you set your alarm clock at, or for?

Related reading
All Hi and Lois posts (via Pinboard)

[Lois, you deserve better than this.]

comments: 4

plntxt said...

I've always set the alarm "to" a time, though I've never given it a second thought... (seriously no pun).

Elaine said...

For.

Anonymous said...

...about. But generally I don't have appointments that might ever require an alarm clock, so approximate times are quite the thing for some of us. Not so much old timers, as behind timers.

Anonymous said...

I would assume they are using "at" in this case because the clock that is being set has physical hands that would be set "at" a particular position to indicate a particular time. I've heard it used this way before with non-digital clocks with hands...